What is the eBay out of stock feature?
The out of stock feature means sellers can keep their Good Til Cancelled (GTC) items active, even when the quantity goes down to zero. This means you can replenish the stock for the same ItemID, without the need to relist it when the item is back in stock.
Please note this feature hides the listing when it is searched for by customers.
Once the item is put back into stock it will then show live and in the searches.
Any Good Til Cancelled listing with a quantity of zero for an entire 30-day billing period may qualify for an insertion fee credit at the end of that period.
On any Good Til Cancelled listing that has a quantity of zero for the entire 30-day billing period over 3 consecutive 30-day billing periods, eBay will end the listing on your behalf.
What are the benefits of the feature?
Saves time as the seller does not have to end and recreate the listing when waiting for additional inventory.
As the listing stays active the sales history is retained.
Increases Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as the item is long running which increases the chances that it will be indexed by popular search engines.
Switching the out-of-stock option on for your Good Til Cancelled listings on eBay -
1. Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences
2. Under Selling Preferences, click Show next to Sell Your Item form and listings
3. Click Edit next to Use the out-of-stock option
4. Select the checkbox, then click Apply
Switching the out-of-stock option on for your Good Til Cancelled listings on SellerExpress -
1. Go to Channels > eBay Settings
2. Click on your Account Name
3. See Screen Shot below showing where to tick Enable eBay Out Of Stock Feature