Access this screen by selecting “Inventory” then “Import Products”
The Advanced Import Stock File is used from the Import products screen. The Import is used as a common method to update in bulk hundreds of listings at once via an Excel Spreadsheet. The Advanced Import Stock File allows you to import more advanced product information than the Basic File. Please find more details on the Basic Import Stock File here.
Downloading a Template or Your Existing Inventory:
Before you begin you can download either your existing inventory onto a Advanced Import Stock File or a template to add new products to. To download the template go to “Inventory”, “Import Products”. Make sure the “Select Import Type” is set to “Basic” and hit “Download Import Template”
If you wish to download your existing inventory onto a Advanced Stock Import File you can do this by selecting “Reports” on the menu. From the “Select Report” dropdown select “Stock Import File” then select “All Suppliers”. Before you hit generate you can download extra information in your file as well.
- Pricing Info : Current prices of your products
- Price Checking Info : Weather your product is set to price check
- Listing IDs / ASIN's : Listing IDs and ASINs
- Custom Info : Your custom fields
- Comments Info : Your product condition comments
Once the file has been generated you will be able to click and download it from the “Results” table below.
NB. Import Stock Files require spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel
Working with your File:
Once you have downloaded your file and opened it your stock (or the template) will be laid open in front of you. Begin to fill it in with the data you are looking to use. Before you get stuck into your file I would strongly recommend reviewing the following helpfile with the most common reasons why Imports fail or are rejected.
Please find a list of the fields available within the report, what each does and if it’s required (Marked with a *) below,
- SellerExpress SKU* : The SellerExpress SKU number. Required if updated products.
- Identifier Own SKU : Amazon SKU
- Barcode : Your products barcode
- CatNum : Your eBay SKU number / general catalogue number
- Title* : Your product title (Internal to SellerExpress only)
- Quantity* : Your stock quantity for this product
- Format : Your Products Format
- Condition : Your Products Condition
- Supplier : Your Products Supplier
- Location* : The Location of your product
- Custom fields : Custom data for your product
- Cost* : Your products cost / minimum price
- Default Sale Price : Your Products preferred / maximum price
- X Price : Your Price on each marketplace
- X Price Check : Y to set to Price Check, N to turn off.
- X ASIN : Amazon ASIN numbers
- Play ID : Play Product ID
- X Comment : Condition note on Amazon / Play
- List X* : Enter Y to List, N not to list
Once you have completed your file make sure to save it as a .CSV (Comma Delimited).
NB. When adding new products make sure that the "SKU" field is left blank. SellerExpress automatically assigns a SKU to new products.
NB. New products must have a quantity. If a new product has a quantity of 0 it will not be added to SellerExpress.
Importing Your File Into SellerExpress:
Once your file has been created and saved you can import it back into SellerExpress by going to “Inventory”, “Import Products”. Browse for your file but before you hit the Import button you must select the correct Import Options for what you are looking to do. Find an explanation of each and what they do below,
- Update Products if Found : Updates existing products.
- Add New Format : Adds format to SellerExpress if it doesn't exist.
- Zero Quantity for Items Not in File : Zeros quantities for items not in file for Supplier.
- Replace Quantity if Found (Appends if Unchecked) : Replaces or adds to product quantity for existing products.
NB. Products with over 40,000 listings will be split into multiple parts
NB. Zero Quantity for Items Not in File does not take effect on files with over 40,000 lines.
NB. Select “Allow Duplicates” if you have multiple of the same Barcode in your file. For example, the same product in multiple Conditions.